The Terms of Service of the Ellensburg Food Coop
Our virtual online coop works because we, the member-owners of The Ellensburg Food Coop, take pride and responsibility for making it work.
By joining the community, you agree to follow these Terms of Service:
- Each order is a legally enforceable contract to pick up and pay for the groceries ordered. You are obligated to pay for the items you order unless delivered to you damaged, spoiled, or broken. Everything in your online shopping basket when the order cycle closes is an order for those products. The Co-op's software does not have a "check-out" page. When you place something in your shopping cart, it stays there until you remove it. You can remove or add items up to the close of the order cycle.
- When you order, pick up your groceries during the time specified. This is part of our contract. We are not a giant supermarket with acres of cold storage. Our pick up site does not have the ability to hold orders past our operating hours, especially if refrigerated or frozen items are involved. If an item spoils or loses quality because you did not pick it up promptly, you will still be expected to pay for it. It is your responsibility to know where to pick up your food and the hours the pick-up site is open.
- All orders must be paid before they leave the pickup.
- We understand that emergencies happen on delivery day. If this happens to you, please contact your local pick-up site manager as soon as possible. The earlier we know about a situation, the better we will be able to deal with it.
- When you pick up your order, make sure you get all the items you order. Take the time to check thoroughly to make sure you get everything. If an item is not there, report it when you check out so your account can be properly credited. All claims for missing/damaged items must be made at the pick-up site. Errors in the accounting on invoices (including credits or debits that you believe are errors) must be reported within 5 days of delivery day.
- Please keep your contact information current on our cooperative records. We encourage you to list cell phone numbers on your membership, so we can contact you directly on delivery day if there is a problem. If you change your email address, notify us.