Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do I need to be a member to shop online?
No, everyone may shop through the Ellensburg Food Co-op Online Market website. All shoppers must register for an online account (which provides you with a unique username and password).
Non Co-op members will be charged a $5.00 handling fee per order; Co-op members will have the $5.00 handling fee waived as one of the benefits of membership.
How do I place an order online?
When you log in during an online order cycle, if you have not yet started an order, you will be asked to start a new order by selecting a pickup location. Click the "Start New Order" button to open a shopping cart.
- You can browse through the product lists and click "add to cart" for products you would like to purchase. When you do this, the system adds the item you selected to your shopping cart.
- If you want to change the quantity of an individual product, click on the "View Shopping Cart" link. Place the cursor in the Quantity box for the item you wish to order, and change the number to however many you plan to buy. Then click on the "Update" button to the right of that product entry.
- If you want to add a note to the producer, such as "red, medium sized tomatoes" or "make this a small pig", click on "View your Cart", click on "Click to add note to producer", type in your note, and then press the "Update" button for that product.
- When you are done shopping, there is no need to submit your order - whatever remains in your basket when the order closes will be considered your order to purchase.
- To remove a product from your shopping cart, change its Quantity to ZERO and press the "Update" button.
- You can add to or edit your order up until midnight the day that the order cycle closes. To edit your order (add or subtract items, change quantities, add notes), log in first, click on "View your Cart", and make your changes. There is no need to submit your order - whatever remains in your basket when the order cycle closes will be considered your order.
Note: the shopping cart will show a subtotal, but it will not necessarily subtotal everything you have ordered, as items with actual weights (such as packages of meat or cheese) will not be totaled until that information is updated from the producers.
What is a shopping cycle?
The Ellensburg Food Coop Online Market runs on a "shopping cycle system", meaning that products are available for purchase for a one-week period (currently once per month) and pick-up at a set day and time.
Our current shopping cycle runs as follows:
|Shopping Closes at Midnight||Producers Prepare Orders||Producers Prepare Orders||5:00-6:30 PM
Shoppers pick-up orders
Our monthly shopping calendar is available for viewing online.
Can I change my order?
You can log in and change your order until midnight on the date the order cycle closes. Between then and the delivery day, producers will be entering weights on any items that need it and putting your order together. You can view your temporary invoice in progress during that time by logging in.
Is there a minimum dollar amount that I need to order?
No. That's an advantage of the Online Market. It is similar to a farmer's market in that you can order as little or as much as you like.
How do I pay?
You may pay online via PayPal (credit card) or by check or cash when you pick up your order. Your online invoice includes the total amount owed for your order.
Note: your shopping cart will show a subtotal, but it will not necessarily subtotal everything you have ordered, as items with actual weights (such as packages of meat or cheese) will not be totaled until that information is updated from the producers. Once the actual weights have been entered, you will be able to view your finalized invoice online.
Where and when can I pick up my orders?
I would like to leave a comment or ask a producer a question. Can I do that?
Yes. You may leave a comment or ask a question with any item in your shopping cart.
- First, add the item in your cart
- Next, click to view your cart
- Then find the item in your cart and click to add a note to the producer
Do you need volunteers?
Yes. We have plenty of opportunities for volunteers to help with sorting and making up the orders. If you want to participate in these activities, please contact us.
If you are interested in becoming a board member or would like to serve on a special committee from time to time, please contact us for more information. The Co-op is often in need of local talent to help with marketing, legal affairs, accounting, and a number of other special projects.
I am getting an error on a page, what do I do?
Please copy and paste the text of the error into an email along with what page it is and send it to our webmaster. Please also explain what happened before that error occurred. Thank you for your help in keeping this website working smoothly.
I have a suggestion on how to make this website easier to use.
Please send your suggestions to our webmaster. Thank you for your help in keeping this website working smoothly.
What if I have questions that are not covered in this list?
You can contact the appropriate person by looking on the Contact Us page.